Tour operators and travel agents are different in Malaysia! And for a long time the public has had misconceptions. In Malaysia, tour operators and travel agents play different and different roles. In the factory scene, a tour operator is like a manufacturing department and a travel agent is like a sales department …
A tour operator is the organizer and provider of package vacations. It is often referred to as the ground handler. The tour company will contract with land transport companies such as hotels and resorts, airlines and private cars, buses, vans, ferries and trains, and the tour operator will draft and distribute detailed tour packages compiled with all the necessary pricing and information. Directory of Travel Agents.
Role and responsibilities of a tour operator Booking and Arranging:
– Transportation: Special vehicles such as Chauffeur cars, chartered buses and vans, air tickets, train tickets, ferry tickets, cruise tickets, other transit modes and even Trisha.
– Tour Guide: All tour guides must be licensed by Tourism Malaysia Malaysia after taking part in and testing a professional tourist guide course.
– Places of interest: Tourist access, eco-tours, adventure tours, jungle trekking, snorkeling and scuba diving, island hopping and even handicrafts or cultural and living experiences.
– Food and drink: By breakfast, tea time or tea break, lunch and dinner, set, buffet or packaged food.
– Accommodation: Hotels, resorts, service apartments, camping sites, dormitories, training camps, chatlets, tree houses or traditional theatrical houses and residences that provide accommodation.
– Activities: Tele-Match, Treasure Hunt, Paint Ball, Team Building, Out of Office Meeting …
– Special Event: Company Dinner, Karaoke Competition.
On the other hand, Travel agents do not conduct tours. Travel agencies recommend travel to travelers, promote and sell tour packages available from various tour operators, then manage tour bookings. Travel agents are usually stationed in major locations with heavy traffic, such as along main roads, inside a cracked shopping mall, or on the ground floor of a landmark building.
Role and responsibilities of a travel agent Is:
– Sales of travel related products and services, especially for third-party travel providers, such as airlines, hotels, tour operators and tour companies, and end-user package tour packages for cruise lines.
– Most travel agents have a special department for business travelers, while some companies specialize in commercial and business travelers.
– Also acts as general service agent for some foreign travel companies.
– Act as an agent for tour packages:
– Buy discount tour packages or tour services and sell at a profit.
– Get commissions from suppliers and other travel agencies
– Work as a ticket agent for transportation (such as airlines, ferries, buses, trains and others).
– Other commercial activities are conducted: insurance, travel guide, car rental, bureau de change, personal tour guide etc.
– Advise the customer to travel neutrally.
Next time, if you travel in a small group of less than 10 passengers, it is advisable to add a travel agent. Don’t try to find the best travel agent in Malaysia. There is no such myth! Go with a travel agent or tour agent that you trust the most that suits your travel needs and budgets. However, if you are organizing a group tour like a company tour, a tour operator will be able to provide you with a more tailored service.
The information above provides guide tours and advice that 88 tour corporate tours provided in organizing group tours. This is simple but useful information to help organize a tour of a successful company with many years of experience.