It’s again that time of year where the sun smiles at us, the school is out and the world of spacious, expansive travel is just a plane flight
So you do some research on vacation options. You book a flight. You save a hotel room. And last but not least, you call an insurance agent for a suitable travel policy
“Ah,” you think to yourself. “I’m covered from all angles.”
Not so soon, sir or ma’am!
While others like yourself may see the insurance they bought as a ticket to peace of mind, it is not always the case.
You can’t imagine the loss situation that could happen.
These articles discuss issues that may arise due to not planning in advance or not educating oneself properly about insurance issues.
Here are some examples of travel insurance that do not cover losses
1. When you think you’re smart enough to buy travel insurance when you listen to the radio talking about future storms, think again. The travel policy will not cover the cancellation of your trip after information about the disseminated storm.
2. If you think that travel insurance will compensate for common problems, stop dreaming. Your insurance does not compensate you for common inconveniences or lack of enjoyment.
3. Don’t plan to go to .K for loss which you can’t prove. You will need to show a sales receipt to minimize your losses.
4. Be aware that your insurance policy will probably not provide coverage for events that occur during the effects of alcohol or drugs.
5. Involve your doctor before you travel or you may not get medical coverage under your travel insurance. If you can’t prove good health before the plan, you may run into coverage problems if you need medical care while on vacation.
You. Don’t think that all the activities you take part in are part of your travel plan. If you are injured while dealing with something that the insurance company deems dangerous, you will not see compensation. Review your policy to determine what activities your insurance provider has and what is considered dangerous.
As with any form of compensation, travel insurance has limitations and exemptions, as well as discounts. This is for you and your vacation to do proper research before the game. Talking to an experienced individual agent will help you decide which policy is best for you and how to avoid being denied a related claim.